- Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. Reports to the Chief Auditor.
- Manages and directs daily activities of more junior auditors assigned to assist the Supervising Auditor during an engagement.
- Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues.
- Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit senior management to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Supervises junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results
- Organizes personal effort along with those of junior auditors to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times
- Continually assess progress of audit during fieldwork and assist on other audit sections where work may be completed early
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant Education and training opportunities
- Issues all audit findings or business process improvements after agreeing actions with the relevant functional owner.
Ensure team has accurately recorded all findings and action plans.
Drafting the report, align all findings, actions and completion dates in the detailed report
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, IT or the equivalent combination of Education, training, and work experience.
- A minimum of at least 8 years audit experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
- Public accounting firm and/or petrochemical sector experience is preferable but not required.
- Languages: Complete fluency in English (fluency in Arabic is preferred).
- An attractive competitive remuneration package will be provided, commensurate with the qualification and experience